Ohm’s Law

In circuit analysis, current, voltage and resistance and their interdependence play a vital rule. The relationship among them is called Ohm's Law. It was named after the scientist who expressed it first. This law can be denoted by three formulas:


V=IR
I =V/R
R =V/I


Where V stands for voltage, I for current and R for resistance.


One have to remember only one and he/she can derive the others by simple mathematics.

Ohm's Law can be represented by a triangle, as shown in the figure. One can cover the required one to get the relationship between them.


For example, we know E and I, and wish to determine R, we have to just cover R from the picture and see what's left:

 


Suppose, we know E and R, and wish to determine I, we have to just cover I from the picture and see what's left:

 


Lastly, if you  we know I and R, and wish to determine E, we have to just cover E from the picture and see what's left:


This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Ohm’s Law